Friday, April 20, 2012

METPHORMIN RANT






My husband and I had been married for over a year and we decided to start looking into babies and having one. It wasn’t a confirmed contract that we were going to try religiously but we figured we’re married now if we have one great! After I found out about PCOS I kinda got obsessive about babies :S I realized I needed to loose about 50lbs and stop eating high glucose foods I needed to take my metphormin and trust that it worked.

 When I read about Metphormin I got very concerned as people bashed this drug to no end! They talked about how bad the upset stomach was and how crappy it made people feel. Guess what! Metphormin will work for everyone with minimal side effects IF THEY EAT A PROPER DIET!!!!! Low carbs next to no sweets and exercise!!!

   I find that with PCOS I get very very sluggish and lazy if I do not get off my keester and do something. This disease also has a lot of depression symptoms it has to do with the hormones and blood sugar stuff it’s all very technical and your eyes will glaze over if I put the details, but trust me if you have PCOS and you are reading my blog get off your laptop (finish reading my blog first and then follow my blog and then GO OUTSIDE!! And if it’s crappy out then do something inside! Just move ur body because you will just feel worse about yourself! Nothing irritated me more than reading FB PCOS pages or fertility forums or even YouTube videos bashing the drug... If you really want a child is a bit of an upset stomach not worth it? Is it not true that when you DO get prego don’t you need to adjust your diet to healthier anyway? Then tell me, why not start now?

 Of course there’s gonna be some ladies out there that just cannot stand the drug it makes them so sick and they eat healthy etc etc and I’m not saying it will work for everyone but I know of some really lazy bad eating women out there who have not been properly informed by their doctor or gyno or books or whatever and then go and bash the drug. Also if you want to have a baby Metphormin is what you want. If you don’t want to be one of the next teen moms but don’t want to be a raging hormonal biotch get your gyno to put you on birth control even if you aren’t doing it yet! It will regulate your hormones and do the same thing Met does and prevent pregnancy!







No comments:

Post a Comment