Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pregnancy Hypochondriac


Any woman that is TTC (trying to conceive) I don’t care how fertile she is if she has a little tinge in her uterus she thinks she’s pregnant! I remember when I was younger and not married and a “good little Catholic girl” freaking out if I was even a day past my date! I used to be on BC and that makes you nice and on schedule like clockwork but you still freak out if you’re late for the reasons of “I’m too young to have a baby!” or “My parents will send me to a nunnery!” or “I can’t even pay my cell bill on time how can I manage a kidlet!?”



But the minute you set your mind to having a little bean, pork chop, squishy, bun or baby you start being extremely sensitive to all feelings, bumps, dreams, stats. I’ll use me for example, my poor poor DH I hound him constantly about pg tests and signs and how I feel and he is probably sick of me by now. But why do we do it to ourselves??? We raise ourselves up and get excited and start justifying it! “Oh ya I baby danced three times right before my ovulation date so no wonder my uterus feels full…” WTH is that supposed to mean??? How can your uterus feel full ladies please comment and tell me what does that mean? Cause from frequent google’ing I have found that the first few weeks of a baby’s development is completely cellular and in no way do you gain weight until the baby starts developing body parts! And we purposely deprive ourselves from sleep thinking about all the signs we experienced and over thinking  it and , guess what, the next day we are soooooo tired and instead of being honest with ourselves we chalk the fatigue up to “I must be pregnant!”


 People around us don’t help either so, please, if you aren’t TTC and you know someone who is please stop encouraging them! Don’t just say things like “You just threw up? You should POAS you’re probably prego!” While in actuality they threw up because they just ate a crap ton of sushi and then went to hot yoga right after.





I can’t stand the obsessed chicks that feel free to talk about their CM ( Cervical Mucus) to friends and in public too. Like ok I know I’m bad and I talk a lot about periods and baby dancing but come on CM???? No one wants to know how the texture is or see illustrations on the internet about what it should look like. Keep that to yourselves please!!! Eww ick no one wants to know!          

No comments:

Post a Comment